Lamiroy Surf Academy Terms and Conditions
Please read these terms and conditions carefully.
What is my financial commitment?
1. The Ticket to Ride Surf Academy Limited (hereafter TTRide SA Ltd) handles the memberships and the associated lump-sum or monthly standing order membership fees on behalf of Lamiroy Surf Academy (LSA)
2. Memberships are a minimum term of 12 months.
3. Minimum payment terms and payment dates are set out in the ‘setting up a standing order’ guidance.
4. Individual Membership [from the age of 8 upwards] is £120 per year. Family Membership up to 2 adults and up to 2 children [this includes children below the age of 8 up to 18] is £240 per year. Each additional child is £60.
5. When paying in monthly installments, membership payments are made monthly from the date of your booking. Your membership benefits will be valid from the date you join for the duration of 12 months. Where these dates differ your membership payments will continue beyond the duration of your membership to ensure 12 monthly payments [to the equivalent of the appropriate annual membership fee] are received.
6. We may decide to increase our membership fees, but your fees will not increase in your first year of membership. We will give you one month’s notice of any fee change. If you pay your membership fees as a lump-sum payment, we will only review your membership fees when your membership is due for renewal. Your membership will automatically renew on a monthly basis at the end of your initial 12 month term.
What if I want to cancel my membership or stop my payments?
7. You can end your membership by giving us one full calendar month’s notice. You must pay your full membership rate during your month’s notice. You can give us notice:
in person by visiting us on a day [within the hours] that we are open;
by calling 01637 222 565; or emailing [email protected].co.uk
You give notice on any day following the 1 April, but your full calendar month’s notice will not start until 1 May and you will leave on 31 May. (Your final payment will be for the month of May.) It is your responsibility to thereafter cancel your standing order. TTRide SA Ltd will not be able to refund any payments made after the end date of your membership.
8. You have the option to end your membership at any point should you want to, free of charge, however we are not able to refund any monthly payments made for the period of membership that has passed. If you end your membership and you have made full payment up front we are only able to refund the equivalent to the total amount of monthly installments that would not have been taken if you had been paying by standing order. Any unused free sessions are non transferable and non refundable.
9. Section 8 is subject to following: if you have used any of your entitlement to free sessions at TTRide SA Ltd you are liable to pay and will be charged at £60 per person per session used up to the value of your total membership fee. If you have not used any sessions there will be a minimum payment owed of £30 per individual and £60 per family membership to cover membership administration costs [including the T-Shirts]. Any monthly payments made up to this point will be used as credit against the total payment owed to TTRide SA Ltd Ltd
10.If you fall behind / stop your monthly membership fees without notice to TTRide SA Ltd, and this is not caused by a bank error, we may charge a reasonable administration fees, or suspend or cancel your membership (or both). Where payment is stopped and payment is owed for sessions used at the academy you are liable to pay and will be charged at £60 per person per session used up to the value of your total membership fee. Any monthly payments
made up to this point will be used as credit against the total payment owed to TTRide SA Ltd.
11. People under the age of 18 wishing to join TTRide SA Ltd, as an individual or as part of a family membership, will be required to return a signed and completed Parental Consent Form before they can become members. Please note that TTRide SA Ltd. will unfortunately not be able to accept any members under the age of 18 without a signed and completed parental consent form.
12. Children below the age of 8 are entitled to join the TTRide SA Ltd. but are not allowed to attend any TTRide SA Ltd. session or activity without parental supervision for the entire duration of their participation.
13. TTRide SA Ltd do not accept any liability for loss caused by failure to complete a membership form.
14. LSA Ltd can not guarantee that your session will be coached by Sam Lamiroy.
15. Member participation in LSA sessions and activities must be pre booked. Members can not access LSA and / or LSA equipment without being booked into a scheduled session.
16. When booking a session where payment is required [so once you have used up all your free session entitlement] payment must be made, in full, before a member can take part in the session.
17. TTRide SA Ltd have the right to cancel a person’s place if full payment is not received
18. Any cancellations or changes to your booking must be made in writing and will only be accepted from the date they are received by TTRide SA Ltd.
Where a booked session is part of your membership entitlement to free sessions then the following applies:
Cancellations 48 hours from the session start date = your free session can be redeemed for use at another time; less than 48 hours to session start date = your free entitlement can be redeemed if the session is not fully booked. However if the session is fully booked then unfortunately your free entitlement can not be redeemed.
Where a session has been paid for then the following applies: Refunds for cancellations are as follows:
Cancellations 48 hours from the session start date = 100% refund. Cancellations less than 48 hours from the session start date = a full refund if the session is not fully booked. If the session is fully booked then unfortunately there will be no refund.
19. If a request to change the booking date and time of a surf session is received more then 21 days prior to the original booking, LSA Ltd. will make every effort to change the requested booking. Any changes are subject to availability of course dates, places, and/or Instructor availability. Less then 21 days prior to the start, TTRide SA Ltd. reserve the right to not make changes.
20. Reminders will not be sent to members for any session they have booked.
21. TTRide SA Ltd assumes no liability in respect of personal injury, loss, damage or third party claims which occur through no fault of its own or its instructors. Surf Shed sessions are unsupervised and members assume all risks and responsibility for any harm, loss, damage, personal injury, property damage or death to you or others resulting from, arising out of, or any way in relation to your use of Surf equipment.
22. TTRide SA Ltd. cannot accept responsibility for any of the reasons cited above that a person may incur whilst participating in any of LSA activities which occur through no fault of LSA or TTRide SA Ltd. instructors, coaches or employees. Participants in LSA accept that they participate at their own risk and confirm that they have their own insurance to cover any such injury, loss or damage or have chosen not to take out such insurance even though they understand that this is their responsibility.
23. TTRide SA Ltd equipment will be used for LSA activity, unless previously agreed. If a participant should damage or lose any LSA equipment, they agree to inform a member of LSA. staff and understand that they may have to pay for any repairs or replacements – this decision is at the discretion of LSA staff.
24. LSA participants agree to abide by all decisions and adhere to all instructions that LSA and TTRide SA Ltd staff and instructors make whilst under their supervision. This includes sea-related conditions beyond LSA and TTRide SA Ltd control (flat days, fog, dangerous sea conditions etc.).
33. In the rare event that sea related conditions, beyond TTRide SA Ltd control cause a surf session to be cancelled on the day of the booking, you will be entitled to rebook your session at a later date however we can not accept any liability for loss caused as a consequence of this cancellation.
34. The surf equipment listed on the web site is valid at the time of publication. TTRide SA Ltd reserves the right to add or remove any equipment at any time after publication. Any changes will be made clear on the day of the booking. We will make every effort to keep the published surf shed contents up to date.
35. TTRide SA Ltd reserves the right to cancel or change surf session dates subject to notification of those persons booked on to the session.
36. Permission is given for participant’s contact details to be entered into the TTRide SA Ltd. database and held in accordance with the Data Protection Act 1998. This information will not be forwarded to third parties.
37. The activity of surfing carries with it a degree of risk both to people and property, even if enjoyed under proper supervision by qualified instructors. It is also a strenuous activity that requires those taking part to have a reasonable standard of swimming and fitness. All participants must therefore make us aware of any medical conditions, illnesses or allergies they may have and any prescribed medication they are taking on the booking form at the time of booking. No-one should participate if they have a medical condition. It is down to the participant with a medical condition to check with his or her Doctor to find out if surfing/surf fitness is within the customers physical and/or mental parameters.
38. All participants must be able to swim at least 50m.
39. All participants must in no circumstances be under the influence of any alcohol, drugs or medication at the time of the lesson which may adversely affect their physical abilities.
40. If you have a compliment, complaint or comment about LSA, or TTRide SA Ltd then please make us aware by emailing: [email protected]
41. LSA and TTRide SA Ltd may change our Terms and Conditions if this is reasonably necessary. We will give our members 1months notice if we decide to do this.
Lamiroy Surf Academy TA Ticket to Ride Surf Academy Ltd. © 2015