Following Surfing Englands guidance, “Coaches can now work with groups of 8, as long as they are able to maintain the highest standards of water safety whilst meeting the government’s guidance on social distancing and hygiene”.
What we will do for you
With this in mind life at the surf school, for the time being, is going to be a little different here is what you can expect when you surf with us.
- Smaller group lessons with no more than 8:1 ratio with a fully qualified instructor
- During the booking process, we will give you the option of having private lessons. This will give you peace of mind knowing that you have your very own surf coach for the duration of your surf lessons with us.
- More lesson slots to pick from. We are running up to 8 lessons a day (peak season) giving you the flexibility to choose when you want to surf.
- Provide you with outdoor changing rooms
- Provide you with safe storage facilities
- Provide you with an outside “rinse-off station”
- Provide you with surf equipment that has been sanitized
- Provide hand sanitizer.
- Contactless payments on arrival
- Temperature checks before entry
- Maintaining a high level of cleanliness at the surf school
- Adhering to the 1m plus social distancing
- Provide clear floor markings and signage as to maintain social distancing
- Outdoor check-in (weather dependent)
- A limited number of people permitted into the Surf School at any one time
- Same great lessons with 100% stoke from our dedicated instructors.
What you can do for us
- DO NOT come to the Surf School if you are showing any signs or experiencing any symptoms of COVID 19 or have been around anyone suspected of having COVID 19
- Please do use the hand sanitizer provided.
- Please do arrive on time 15 minutes prior to your lesson start time is plenty
- If you have your own wetsuit then it is advised that you bring it with you or even better arrive in it ready for your lesson
- If you require a wetsuit then please have your swimming gear on underneath your clothes minimizing changing times.
- Please DO NOT bring your entire family with you to check in. If you are booking in children or anyone under the age of 18 please ensure only 1 family member arrives with the number of people surfing for that lesson.
- Please do respect social distancing of 1m plus
- Please do use the floor markings to maintain social distancing.
- Please do respect your fellow surfers
- Please do listen to the guidance and advice of your surf instructor at all times
- But above all PLEASE do enjoy yourselves and give nothing less than 100%
If you have any queries or concerns, please don’t hesitate to get in touch and we’ll do our best help.