Home - Best Job in The World? Meet Steve
Part three of our Best Job in the World series brings you another Welshy, Steve Cole. An interesting character to say the least. Here’s Steve’s deal:
1. *Name and job* Steve Cole, Surf & SUP Instructor
2. *Sum yourself up in three words* Welsh Living Legend
3. *Sum your job up in three words* Fun, rewarding, sociable
4. *How long have you surfed?* About 8 years I think, some of which I admit was spent on a bodyboard, not anymore though!
5. *What do you love about surfing* The beer tastes better after a surf!
6. *What made you decide to become a surf coach?* I used to hang around the surf school all the time cos of the good vibes and thought why not work here! Best decision I’ve ever made.
7. *How did you get into it? * Asked Taffy how to do it!
8. *What do you love about your job?* It doesn’t actually feel like work.
9. *Are there any negatives?* Flat days and wet wetsuits.
10. *What is the hardest thing you’ve had to deal with yet?* Getting up at 8am ha ha, I’m not a morning person.
11. *What are the most common mistakes the average surfer makes?* Getting frustrated. Just chill.
12. *Do you have any basic tips for the average surfer?* Get in there as much as possible and enjoy yourself.
13. *What are the three best things about Newquay / Perranporth* There are waves almost everyday, pasties and pints.
14. *Describe the Steve Cole experience, what can a newbie surfer expect from a 2 hour lesson with you?* A newbie surfer should be weary before they have a lesson with me as they are more than likely to get hooked into surfing, quit their jobs and grow their hair.
15. *Newquay or Perranporth?* Perranporth everyday!
This entry was posted in News, Perranporth, Surf School and tagged best job in the world, live the dream, surf coach, surf instructor, ticket to ride surf school. Bookmark the permalink.
Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *
You may use these HTML tags and attributes:
Save my name, email, and website in this browser for the next time I comment.
Deals from £25 Per Person
From £10 Per Person
From £15 Per Person
We just wanted to say a huge thank you to Ru for a fantastic family lesson today. He gave us the best tuition and unfaltering support in the waves, especially... read more to my youngest son. Cannot recommend this experience enough. Thank you Ru.
Booked a 2 hour private with Ru and I couldn’t fault him! I have never surfed before and I felt Ru adapted the ways to help me learn best. 100%... read more recommend these guys!
Surf school in Sri Lanka is calling me :)
had a really good lesson today. I haven't surfed for a few years due to illness and lost my confidence. I had my lesson today with Rory and he was... read more brilliant, he broke down the pop up and made it very easy to remember and was so patient with me and gave me my confidence back in surfing.
I will definitely be back for an intermediate lesson once ive had more practise. thank you sooo much
We had a fantastic experience learning how to surf. Charlie was a patient and experienced teacher who always encouraged you, even if you fell off everytime like I did. We... read more had such a great time we went back and hired equipment the next day. If you are in Watergate Bay, you definitely visit these guys.
Booked a family group surf lesson for me, my husband and 22year old daughter. Giles was a fantastic instructor and had both my husband and daughter standing by the end... read more of the lesson! It was so much fun and we all had a great time. Would highly recommend and we'll definitely be back. Thank you!
Surf School Watergate Bay
Wax, Watergate Bay
+44 (0)1637 222565